Kara Irving Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Kara Irving
- Kara Irving is a writer, presenter, digital producer and food critic for News Corp.
- Is the lifestyle presenter/ host of Eating My Way Round series.
- An eight year career as a print, radio and online news reporter, earning her Young Journalist of the Year awards in both Queensland and Melbourne.
- Worked as a presenter and food writer for Fairfax regional media, presented the drive news bulletins for SYN FM and is a NIDA and AFTRS graduate.
- Is a food writer and has restaurant, cafe and bar reviews published in Herald Sun Weekend, Delicious on Sundays and writes a weekly drinks column for Taste.
Topics for Kara Irving
- Melbourne, Victoria restaurants, cafes, bars and pubs
- Wine in an Australian context
- Wine tastings
- Wine pairings at dinner parties
- Australia’s food industry
Testimonials for Kara Irving
I've had the pleasure working with Kara in a multitude of capacities and in every one she has consistently impressed me with her journalistic abilities, outgoing nature and professionalism in front of the camera. After working with her in newsrooms across the nation I've seen Kara's ability to develop almost instant rapport and keep a cool head under pressure - from regional Queensland to metropolitan Melbourne I've always found Kara to be comfortable, confident and professional in front of camera or behind a pen and pad. In particular, in her roles as a food and wine reporter for multiple newspapers I've enjoyed seeing Kara in her element - her depth of knowledge and dedication to the industry is extremely impressive and is indicative of her passion for the genre. Outside of the newsroom, while working with her on our web series Snack Chat in particular, I've seen her translate those skills from the field in to an intimate interview space where she excels at putting her interviewee at ease in front of camera. Her abilities aren't limited to interviews, her fun-loving and easy-going nature lend her to being the confident and professional public speaker and MC that she is.
Kara is a charismatic, highly intuitive and smart speaker / presenter. I've had the pleasure of working with Kara on a number of projects and events over the last 3 - 4 years across various industries through my business, Modern Currency. Kara's commitment to truly understanding a brand and their purpose, approaching the situation with a unique perspective and her ability to draw the audience in throughout her work is second to none. We worked together to record and bring to life a campaign (Puppies & Pinot) for wine retailer, Vinomofo. They do say you should never work with children or animals, however, Kara's fun, enthusiastic and professional approach made filming with 4 - 5 dogs an absolute breeze. Her on-screen presence and finely tuned communication skills enabled us to film, what would have been traditionally a very challenging and long take, within a matter of minutes. Her natural approach to presenting is engaging, warm and approachable; she has a unique way of making her guests feel at ease and bringing out the best in them, even when in front of large crowds.