- Author of “Retail’s Last Mile: Why Online Shopping Will Exceed Our Wildest Predictions”
- Has delivered keynotes at all the leading retail and e-commerce conferences including Online Retailer, Retail Global, Seamless, Retail Leaders Forum, Online Retail Logistics and E-Commerce One-to-One
- Before setting up his own practice, Jonathan held roles with leading organisations including Aussie Farmers Direct, Coles, Tesco, Goldman Sachs and Arkwright Consulting
- He was part of the team that developed the operating model for Tesco.com, a global pioneer of online grocery retail
- Jonathan has an MA in Economics from Cambridge University (UK) and an MBA with distinction from INSEAD (France)
- Currently supporting retailers and brands to prepare for Amazon’s launch of physical retail operations in Australia
- Ready Or Not, Here Comes Amazon: Are You Ready?
In the next year, Amazon will start to launch physical retail operations in Australia. It's likely the biggest event the retail sector has seen in twenty years.
Get ready for a gripping presentation as Jonathan poses the million-dollar question to his audiences: how ready are you to respond to this threat? Understanding Amazon's strategies is the all-important first step. This brilliant keynote also highlights the big opportunities businesses need to seize to ready themselves for Amazon's entry into the market.
- Mastering Disruption & Why It Matters To Your Business
Disruption is a widely used but often misunderstood term. It's a buzzword bandied about by the media and industries when referring to any 'Big Change'. But what does it really mean? And how can understanding the predictable patterns (yes, predictable) of disruption keep you ahead of your game no matter what sector you're in?
- E-Commerce Fulfilment In The Era Of Digital Disruption: Unlocking One Of Retail's Best Kept Secrets
The imminent arrival of players like Amazon in Australia will change the retail landscape forever. But one thing is clear. Most leaders are not confident about how they can even begin to compete with increased customer expectations around flexible fulfilment. Same-day or next-day delivery, delivery time-slots, third party collection points, lockers, ship-from-supplier and ship-from-store are just some of the options customers already expect.
It's a not-to- be-missed session as Jonathan builds on the themes of his book Retail's Last Mile to equip Australian retailers with the arsenal they need to face one of the biggest operational and financial challenges of their time.
- Are You Ready for Amazon? (workshop)
The aim of the workshop is to help you prepare for the biggest change in Australian retail for twenty years. It will help you to defend against the threats but also capitalise on the opportunities that will be created.
- E-Commerce Fulfilment Boot Camp (workshop)
Fulfilment matters. History shows us that e-commerce retailers who fail to master fulfilment end up disappointing customers, frustrating team members and losing money for shareholders.
If you do get fulfilment right, you'll have the foundations of a successful e-commerce business. You’ll be confident you can move forward and handle the significant competitive challenges ahead.
Jonathan’s keynote on Mastering Disruption really brought the subject to life. His passion and insights engaged the audience from the moment he started and lifted people’s confidence in how to spot and tackle disruption. I really enjoyed his style and energy and the way he communicates his thought leadership around the topic of disruption.
Communication and Leadership Expert, Speaker, Author and Trainer
Jonathan spoke at Informa’s Online Retail Logistics Conference on What’s Next? How Google, Amazon and Uber Plan to Disrupt Online Retail Logistics. His talk was thought-provoking, full of interesting examples, and generated a high level of audience discussion and debate.
Maritime and Transport Division Lead, Informa
Jonathan presented on Retail’s Last Mile at a Real-time Retail Innovation event we hosted for our clients. He engaged the audience with fascinating insights into the future trends transforming the retail industry. Jonathan’s stories and examples of last-mile innovations really challenged our thinking about how retail is evolving. I look forward to continuing to work with Jonathan in the future.
Anyone interested in the future of retail will enjoy this book. Jonathan’s ambitious argument challenges our assumptions about how customers will respond as technology opens up completely new ways of shopping. Furthermore, Jonathan’s stories and anecdotes make it a fun read.
CEO of Eagle Eye Solutions, Former Deputy CEO and Chief Marketing Officer of Tesco, Founder of Tesco Clubcard and Tesco.com