- Jon anchor hosts Smart Money on Sky News Business Channel, a weekly programme which looks at the world's latest innovation and technological changes
- He is the author of business efficiency guidebooks Sustainable Growth and Energy Cut which have sold over 130,000 copies.
- Within Australia and overseas, Jon consults to companies on efficiency, sustainability and change management.
- As a philanthropist, he co-founded Planet Ark, National Tree Day and DoSomething. He is also the Global Director of One Tree Per Child which he co-founded with Olivia Newton-John.
- Jon was Australian of the Year 2010 (NSW) and in 2009 was the recipient of Armenia’s highest award, The Order of Honor, for his long-term work in the Armenian earthquake zone.
- Jon successfully gathered together major rock bands such as Queen, Bon Jovi, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath to raise money for his Rock Aid Armenia initiative. The Rock Aid Armenia album sold 100,000 copies in 10 days making it the UK’s first charity album to ‘go gold’ and have a top 40 UK hit.
- He was behind 300 TV community change ads starring Nicole Kidman, Kylie Minogue, Sir Richard Branson, Tom Cruise, Dustin Hoffman, Pierce Brosnan and many others.
- The Future Shapers
Every week Jon looks at the latest innovations and technological changes on his Sky News Smart Money programme. He shares stories which are based on real world examples that are being rolled out by companies who will change the way we do business and live our lives; the ways we travel, the ways we live, the food we eat and the way we do business. All are undergoing change far faster than most people realise.
- How Efficiency and Innovation Can Boost Your Bottom Line
Jon uses money saving examples from some of the hundreds of businesses that he has encountered for his TV program and business guidebooks. Jon shares the best money saving secrets that he has come across after visiting hundreds of efficient businesses.
- How to Make Your Organisation Lean and Green… (and take your staff, stakeholders and customers with you at the same time)
Jon shares how material efficiency and energy efficiency reduces your bills, tightens up your operation and improves your bottom line. He also shares how to engage your staff, stakeholders and customers in bringing about this kind of change.
- The 10 Step Guide to Cutting Energy Bills in your Business
This is based on Jon's highly successful Energy Cut book. Using real work examples of companies that have saved money on their energy bills, Jon details the 10 key steps to slashing your business energy bills.
- The History of Change
Jon talks about the people who invented the change that we're experiencing today. It combines history with science and business innovation. This is great for anyone interested in change management.
- Bringing About Positive Community Change
People and organisations can create positive change that can affect all Australians. Jon shares how every time you switch on the light or wash your clothes you're affected by one of his many campaigns including:
- Banning incandescent globes which has reduced energy bills by $5.5 billion
- Banning phosphates in laundry detergents, meaning Australia is now phosphate free
- His experiences starting Planet Ark, National Tree Day, Rock Aid Armenia, One Tree Per Child and DoSomething and the positive changes these organisations and initiatives have brought about and much, much more
Jon was fantastic, he was given very little notice to prepare something, client was genuinely moved and very happy. Jon stayed and mingled with the guests … happy days!
Pico TBA Consulting Group
He was very accommodating to move his session to an earlier time slot due to last minute circumstances. He’s a wealth of knowledge and has been happy to share his knowledge, contacts and ideas from the outset and has gone over and above to ensure our event was a success. His actual presentation was executed perfectly, covering the brief, adhering to the time restriction and also allowing for Q&A from the audience too. An absolute pleasure to have Jon as part of our Melbourne LIVE event and would definitely recommend him to anyone in the future.
... Jon Dee gave the keynote address at our 2016 National Awards dinner. The national awards evening is one of the highlights of our year .... In 2016 we were looking for a future looking inspirational keynote speaker with good communication skills....Jon was the consummate professional working with us in the lead up to the event. This ensured we had a talk fully tailored to our audience. He delivered a fantastic insightful look at where we are heading in our low carbon future. He then related that back with exciting examples researched from around the world. He captured the imagination of the audience from the moment he stepped on to the stage. The combination of Jon's natural presentation style and high quality multimedia presentation went down very well with our audience of over 250 industry professionals. The audience really appreciated Jon's keynote presentation and our members still talk about the event and aspects of the presentation.
Executive Manager, Government Relations and Technical Services
Jon did a fantastic job as the keynote speaker at the Solar Juice event last night. He delivered a fantastic speech, was well prepared and extremely enthusiastic.
The presentation you provided was not only inspirational with a wealth of practical resources it was also exceptionally well presented. It is a rare occurrence for me to be so moved to take to the stage and make such an impromptu congratulatory address. Your presentation, however had that effect on me...Thank you John for your commitment to advancing social policy in Australia and promoting resilient communities.
General Peter Cosgrove
From the feedback from the participants at conference, they rated his presentation as excellent and informative. I would also like to comment that Jon remained for lunch and spoke to many participants; this was appreciated by all who had the opportunity to speak with him. In respect of his presentation, Jon had obviously done his “homework” on Rotary which was evident in his address.
Rotary International District 9750