- John Silvester is the co-author of the Underbelly True Crime Series, (with Andrew Rule and published by Sly Ink), Silvester, a crime reporter in Melbourne since 1979, was a long-standing chief police journalist for the Melbourne Sun. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree from La Trobe University.
- Silvester has co-authored several crime books including of course, the best-selling Underbelly series. He has written or co-written 15 bestselling crime books.
- John has been highly recommended in the Walkley, Quill and the Graham Perkin Journalist of the Year Awards.
- Silvester and Andrew Rule won the prestigious Ned Kelly Award for True Crime writing for Underbelly 3.
- He was inducted into the Australian Journalism Hall of Fame in 2018.
- He is the senior crime reporter for The Age and appears on 3AW as crime commentator Sly of the Underworld.
- He has given evidence in Royal Commissions on crime and corruption.
- True Crime
- Melbourne's gangland wars
John was fabulous! Every time John spoke the room was silent, every person was facing him listening. Incredible! Amazing speaker.
Property Council of Australia
John hit the mark perfectly. The audience of CEOs we assembled were fascinated with his insights into the world of crime – he was highly informative and very witty - a great mix which created a lot of laughter – perfect for the evening dinner he spoke over. We very much enjoyed working with him.
CEO Forum Group
John’s presentation this morning was just terrific. He indeed has a riveting story. Feedback from the staff has been hugely positive and we are all amazed with/by his story.
Dept of Education
Outstanding. Informative, enlightening, entertaining, fantastic presentation and so easy to work with. I cannot wait to have John present at another of my events.
Conference Organising Group
John captivated the audience with his stories of the underworld. Very enjoyable and easy to listen to.
Municipal Works Officers Association