- Jim published his book Running the War in Iraq, which is a best-seller and an E-book on Amazon
- Jim has been recognised as the “2009 Australian Thinker of the Year”
- He was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia for his part in disaster relief operations in 1991, and made an Officer in the Order of Australia for his role in Indonesia and East Timor in 1999
- For “distinguished command and leadership in action in Iraq”, Major General Molan was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross by the Australian Government and the Legion of Merit by the United States Government
- Leadership in Challenging Times
- Leading, Managing, Changing and Winning in Tough Times
- Thriving and Winning in Chaos
Completely captured and engaged our audience, feedback from our people was unanimously positive. Excellent messages delivered extremely professionally.
FYG Planners Pty. Ltd.
This is a belated ‘thank you’ for your wonderful presentation at Risky Business symposium.
Your talk was inspiring and exciting and proved to be a major topic of discussion throughout the conference. It was referred to by many speakers over the course of the meeting, in such a variety of contexts.
Royal Children's Hospital
Your presentation at the Leader Forum was really well received, and we've had great feedback.
AMP Capital Investors Limited
You stimulated our thinking whilst giving us a precious insight into the reality and subsequent leadership behaviours that need to be processed in such high stake settings. Also we simply really enjoyed having you around and felt a natural affinity. Rob’s now got a few ‘General Jim’ sayings to add to his leadership quotes (something about a sixpence!) and it’s a really valuable experience for the whole team to be stimulated by exposure to someone who can so convincingly ‘walk the talk’.
The feedback has been tremendous and your message was loud and clear. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and wisdom.
5th World Congress of Paediatric Cardiology and CardiacSurgery – Cairns
Everyone was unanimous in their praise for you as a speaker and for your contribution to the success of the evening. Your ability to speak with humour and candour on the serious topics was very impressive.
Australian Industry & Defence Network
You will be a hard act to follow.
On behalf of all of us in the School of Political Science and International Studies, thanks enormously for your presentation, which was the most well-attended politics event of any I have witnessed during my time at UQ. Both our students and the wider audience gained enormously from your insights.
University of Queensland