- Glenn Martin has devoted his life to building and developing the practical jetpack, mostly from his own garage.
- Introduced at the 2008 Oshkosh Airshow in Wisconsin, USA, it drew some of the biggest crowds in the airshow's six-decade history.
- The Jetpack has featured in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, GQ, and been named one of Time Magazine's Top Fifty Inventions of 2010.
- The 'motorbike in the sky' can fly for 30 minutes at 100 km/h and at altitudes above 4000 ft.
- In November 2015, Glenn won the Innovation Council of New Zealand's "Most Inspiring Individual".
- The Jetpack Story
- The innovative and inspiring story that launched the Martin Jetpack.
- From the Garage to IPO
- How the Martin Jetpack went from a dream to a reality.
- It isn't magic - it's a simple process anyone can follow.
- Six Keys to Achieve Impossible Tasks
- The six strategies that enabled the Martin Jetpack to fly.
- Prepare Your Start-Up for IPO
- Five things to do now to prepare your start-up for a future IPO.
Glenn Martin was the Institution of Professional Engineers (IPENZ) Pickering lecture presenter in 2010. Glenn’s presentation attracted a wide range of people, and our venues were at capacity. Glenn’s ability to judge to the make-up of the audience and tailor the presentation each night ensured an extremely successful lecture series. We were impressed with his good humour and willingness, particularly when it came to the popular question and answer segment. We would thoroughly recommend him as a speaker.
IPENZ, Engineers New Zealand
Our company has had the pleasure of utilising the services of Glenn Martin as a Guest Speaker for several of our Aviation Clients and their annual conferences. We have found Glenn to be a speaker who can keep an audiences’ attention with his presentation from the moment he opens his mouth to the completion of his presentation. On many occasion you can hear a pin drop, as the audience is so captivated by what Glenn has to say on the Martin Jetpack and his life experiences that they are quiet, attentive and happy to sit back and listen. There is never enough time for questions at the end! We have also found Glenn genuinely interested to speak with delegates at our conferences and happy to network during the breaks at the conference as well as our social functions. Many of the delegates have brought their families along, and Glenn is more than happy to spend time with the children and speak with them at their level on their interests and about aviation and the Martin Jetpack. Thanks Glenn and we look forward to working with you again in the future.
MECCA Concepts Pty Ltd
The feedback has been really positive about the event with many highlighting how ‘awesome’ Glenn was. Glenn's passion and ‘focus on your dream’ was evident and I think it inspired the audience to do some of their own dream chasing. I would highly recommend him being a speaker at other events and will happily speak to anyone that might like some feedback before booking Glenn.
Tour and Events Manager
Zespri International Limited