- After 7 years of being at the top Elka Whalan is one of Australia's brightest and shining stars in swimming.
- Announcing her retirement in 2006, Elka is currently making the move into media and television and is currently in demand on the speaking circuit.
- She sees life as a challenge, thrives on pressure and uses her enthusiasm to turn any situation into a positive. With maturity and experience beyond her years, Elka Whalan is an assest to Australian sport and an inspirational role model for all people.
- Finding you and your talent
- Team work and the strength of foundation
- Motivation and the failures that make you greater
- Every day above ground is a good one, the reason we can all succeed
- Candid and raw
Elka opens up to the disqualification of the Womens 4 x 200m freestyle relay where they dived in too early and were World champions for 30 seconds.
- Drug testing procedures, what really happens
- Experience of Olympics and village life
- Master of Ceremonies
Elka combined youthful enthusiasm with wise words of advice about setting goals and going for them with determination. She really added an inspiring dimension to our Duke of Edinburgh's Award presentation evening. The girls and their parents spoke so positively about Elka's honest and humorous delivery as she told us about her life journey so far. She related so easily to the girls at their age and stage and I am sure that many will be influenced to strive for bigger and better goals than they could have imagined beforehand.
Pymble girls Private High school
With your charismatic stage presence you delighted the crowd with a down to earth and engaging speech on life and the dedication it took for you to be successful in accomplishing your goals in swimming. From comments I received over the weekend it would be safe to say for many delegates you were not only the hit of the night but of the whole State Conference. Any organisation who would wish to have a delightful speaker, full of knowledge of lessons learned with tremendously funny anecdotally stories could not do better than Elka Graham. We were more than suitable impressed so please accept our congratulations and thanks for a job well done.
NSW Touch Football
Elka’s deliverance is hilarious, she is real, individual and so honest. Her aura and “zest” for life is truly remarkable. Whether for team building, businessmen, or motivation, Elka encapsulates it all with the right mix of experience, wisdom beyond her years and a great message. One of the best speakers I have heard in years.
MD Energy Australia