Dr Catriona Wallace Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Dr Catriona Wallace
- Dr Catriona Wallace is an entrepreneur in the Artificial Intelligence field.
- She is the Founder of Flamingo AI, a Stock Exchange listed company with head quarters in both New York and Sydney.
- Dr Catriona Wallace established one of the world’s first consultancies, Ethical AI Advisory.
- She is the second only female led (CEO and Chair) business ever to list on the Australian Stock Exchange.
- Dr Catriona Wallace has been recognised as one of the most influential women in business and entrepreneurship, recently winning the FinTech Leader and Overall Excellence in Finance award by Women in Finance (2018).
- Dr Catriona Wallace has the ability to analyze data and identify specific problems, giving her the knowledge she needs to develop novel solutions.
Topics for Dr Catriona Wallace
- Artificial intelligence and digital transformation
AI is the fastest-growing tech sector in the world, driving the digital transformation of both public and private sector organisations. Leaders are asking what is the best way to transform operations to leverage AI and other emerging technologies such as blockchain, IoT, cybersecurity, 5G, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality? And what role do humans play in a digitised business and economy? The need for this knowledge has been exacerbated by the pandemic. Dr Catriona Wallace presents the state of the market for AI and emerging technologies and shares how organisations should think about the Digital Transformation of their current operations and people.
- State of the emerging technology market
- Briefing on the AI sector
- Models for digital transformation
- How to manage humans, processes and ethics
- Expected benefits and costs of technology-led transformation
- Responsible technology and the AI ethicist
As evidenced in the hit film, ‘The Social Dilemma’ big tech is controlling much of what we consume, read, like and do. But does the technology sector have our best interests at heart? Are the commercial drivers for technology not aligned to individual and society’s values? And who is regulating this largely uncontrolled sector and what can we do about it? In this presentation, Dr Catriona Wallace discusses the role of big tech, the good and the bad, and how models of Responsible Technology with Ethics and Human Rights at its core and the rise of the ‘Ethical Leader’ must be the way forward.
- The role of big tech, AI and algorithmic decision making
- Regulation and control of AI and emerging tech
- Models of responsible technology
- Ethics and human rights technology frameworks
- The attributes of the ethical leader
- The future of work
- Human + machine
- The dangers of gender bias
- Educating for the future
AI is now the fastest growing technology sector globally, expanding in investment 12-fold over the next 5 years. AI is expected to replace 1.8 million jobs and it will generate 2.3 million jobs in the next 12 months. But whose jobs are these? And how do organisations gear up for having digital employees as well as human employees? Dr Wallace presents a discussion on the Future of Work that is AI-driven where machines augment human workers and automate work functions. Is this all going to be good? What could go wrong? Dr Catriona Wallace presents the skills and capabilities that leaders and organisational designers, operations, HR professionals and Educators need to know about the coming of the human+machine era.
- State of the AI market
- The changing nature of jobs: AI-augmented and automated work
- Workplace risks through gender bias
- Skills needed for managing the new era of human+machine
- The attributes of an AI & digital savvy leader
- Characteristics of an ethical technology leader
- Diversity and inclusion
- Women in leadership
- Gender Bias in Code
- Women in STEM
- The heroine’s journey
- Learning Consent (teaching sexual consent and other consent models)
Dr Catriona Wallace shares her story of being a leader of an Artificial Intelligence company in the US and Australia, seeking investment and being one of the few women leading a Listed technology company. Dr Catriona Wallace, using humour and real-life examples, will share her experiences and unconventional ways of navigating difficult environments in order to achieve her goals, including raising her five children along the way.
Dr Wallace draws on the broad field of Diversity and Inclusion to create bespoke presentations that will align with your brief, audience and organisation.
- Models for women in leadership and in STEM
- How to program and/or code ethically
- The heroine’s journey model – navigating women’s career experiences
- Models for women of power and the good men who support them
- Technical training in sexual consent and other consent models
Testimonials for Dr Catriona Wallace
Dr Catriona Wallace was very organised, self sufficient and needed very little briefing. She spoke very articulately and professionally.
Dr Catriona Wallace has made a valuable contribution to CUA as both a partner and as an educational speaker.
Dr Catriona Wallace is among the most dynamic speakers that have graced our stage at the Auto Insurance Report National Conference in our 22 years.
Auto Insurance Report National Conference
Dr Catriona Wallace provided a memorable experience for our first AI Masterclass, engaging the audience from start to finish.
One of the best presentations that I have seen. Dr Catriona Wallace used audience participation and her own personal story as a woman to highlight the challenges and opportunities in the tech industry.
UNSW Business School and Director
AGSM UNSW Business School
A highlight of the afternoon. We were all inspired by Dr Catriona Wallace's wisdom on so many issues. Australia needs hundreds more inspirational leaders like Catriona for our future.
Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute
Dr Catriona Wallace is the real deal in innovation and business today. She provides invaluable insights and brings her real-life experience and intelligence to the discussion.
Australian Financial Review