- Catherine Marriott is the Founder of Influential Women, a group established with the goal of creating strong, resilient and sustainable rural communities.
- She was 2012 West Australian RIRDC Rural Woman of the Year and National Runner Up.
- She has made significant contributions to global agribusiness, from hands-on farm work to consulting at all levels of government.
- She is a regular contributor to a wide variety of media outlets, including to The Australian, BRW, WA Today, Outback magazine and more, including national radio.
- Her clients include Westpac, WA Farmers, Meat & Livestock Australia and many more blue chip companies in agriculture and beyond.
- She is a Board Director of several International Federal Boards.
- Overcoming adversity
- Change management
- Agriculture-based issues including future of food and water management
- The role of agriculture in Australia’s and the global economy
Catherine Marriott is an engaging and inspiring public speaker. She sets herself apart from the crowd with her ability to influence the attitude and behaviour of those with whom she has contact. A self-deprecating, sometimes hilariously funny speaker, Catherine comes with serious messages about leadership and female leaders, the importance of agriculture and food businesses to Australia and communities in countries that are our export destinations, the importance or earning and retaining community acceptance and support, and the power of individuals working together to deliver change. It is hard to imagine anyone hearing Catherine speak, and then not being able to remember her, and at least one of her messages. If you get a chance to hear her speak, don't miss it, as you will miss an opportunity to think better, be better or do something better as a result.
Department of Agriculture and Food, Western Australia