Bri Lee Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Bri Lee
- Award-winning author and advocate, Bri Lee gained recognition with her memoir Eggshell Skull, addressing sexism in the legal system, and is an active advocate for criminal justice law reform.
- Holding a law degree and a creative writing MPhil, Bri is currently pursuing a PhD at the University of Sydney Law School, focusing on defamation proceedings in ‘public interest’ journalism.
- Co-authoring a significant paper on Queensland’s consent laws, Bri's advocacy work led to the issue being referred to the Law Reform Commission, earning her a place among the Australian Financial Review’s Women of Influence.
- Bri's 2021 bestseller, Who Gets to Be Smart, critically examines power and privilege in education, complementing her impactful writing on early childhood education and care reform in the Griffith Review.
Topics for Bri Lee
- Sexism in the legal system
- Criminal law reform
- How power and privilege shape access to education and knowledge in Australia
- Parental leave and discrimination at work