- Beverley O'Connor is the current presenter of The World program on ABC News 24.
- She has been a journalist and broadcaster for over 30 years, specialising in economics and politics, reporting for ABC radio 774 News and Current Affairs programs. She was a former presenter of ABC television's Asia Pacific News Service.
- Beverley was also fortunate to combine her passion for sport with presenting when given the role to anchor the Sports News Desk for the Seven Network.
- In other media roles Beverley was a regular presenter on the Seven Network's Melbourne Weekender, part of the breakfast crew on Vega 91.5fm alongside Shaun Micallef and Denise Scott and fill in drive host on ABC radio 774.
- Beverley was the first female director of the Melbourne Football Club, where she was on the board for seven years. She was the Vice-Chair till 2008 and the first female to hold this role with an AFL club.
- Health and well-being
- Mental health issues in sport
- Master of Ceremonies
Beverley was a great MC and the night went very smoothly…thanks
We’ve now booked Beverley two years running, and can’t see why we need to change! Easy and adaptable to work with.
Australian Retailers Association
Bev was a delight to work with. She is a true professional and really read the audience well. It was fitting to have someone such as Bev, a strong successful woman, welcoming in our first female president of the association.
Bev is an absolute joy to work with! She gave us her attention, provided some great input and was completely professional delivering a seamless event for us.
Beverley was professional and humorous as the MC of our event. I recommend her for all forms of events.
Australian Retailers Association
Bev was professional, engaging and a pleasure to work with. We were impressed by how well she led our panel discussions.
National Seniors Australia
Bev was wonderful, very on top of the what was required of her. She paid a lot of attention to speaking with our staff and sharing conversations with them which was really nice. I was particularly impressed with her calm, professional manner- our staff loved her.
Beverley O'Connor has been associated with Holmesglen Institute for the past eight years. She has presided over our annual Awards Dinner, Academic Graduation ceremonies as well as corporate events and launches. A hallmark of her service is that she develops a meaningful and proactive connection to the organisation with which she is working. Beverley is always thorough in her preparation and research and is able to adapt her personable style to suit the mood and the intent of the event over which she is presiding.
If your event requires an MC that is efficient, credible, articulate and above all else warm and engaging, then I would have no hesitation in recommending Beverley O’Connor for that role. I have had the pleasure of working with Beverley on many different events and she has always ensured that the role of MC was carried out exactly to the client’s needs. Regardless of the audience size, the topic for discussion, the gender background, Beverley has been able to work with them all. I sincerely look forward to the next time we are able to work together.
Peter Jones Special Events
I've been inundated with people contacting me telling me how amazing Bev was! They loved her stories of the football world, media and personalities and how she managed situations. All in all 10/10! She was an absolute star! Loved, loved, loved her.
Presentation for International Women's Day