Angela Pippos Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Angela Pippos
- Angela Pippos is an award-winning journalist, presenter, documentary-maker and author.
- Her documentary, The Record, premiered globally on Amazon Prime in February 2021, and had a secondary release on ABC TV.
- Angela has also co-written and produced two documentaries about the rise of women in Australian Rules football: League of Her Own (Seven Network) and Heroes (ABC).
- Angela Pippos writes regular columns about sport and culture for News Limited’s newest venture, Code, and is a tireless campaigner for gender equality in sport and society.
- She is the author of Breaking the Mould, now in it's third reprint, which was selected by the Grattan Institute for the ‘Prime Minister’s Summer Reading list’ and it made The Australia Institute’s ‘Essential Reading List’.
- Angela Pippos is a regular contributor to ABC Radio and a co-host on Broad Radio - a live-streamed radio show by and for women.
- She has an Honours degree in Politics from the University of Adelaide and a Journalism degree from the University of South Australia.
- Angela anchored the sport segment on ABC TV News Victoria for a decade.
Topics for Angela Pippos
- Sports journalism
- Gender equality in society and sport
- Master of Ceremonies
Testimonials for Angela Pippos
It’s no wonder Angela Pippos is hot property right now. This dynamic pocket rocket has a wonderful sense of style, humour and is smart. Angela was a standout as MC for the Brainlink Women of Achievement Awards. She was entertaining, graceful and the event went without a hitch. Angela is a professional; she comes prepared and is a delight to work with. I highly recommend her.
Nicola Archer Communications
Thank you for being the MC for the National Association of Women in Construction Awards. We appreciated your professionalism and good humour and your ability to keep the night running smoothly. It was a delight working with you.
NAWIC Awards Committee
Thank you Angela for helping make the Women in PR Charity Lunch such a huge success. Your sparkling repartee and wit (not to mention your wonderful shoes) was outstanding. You kept everyone in stitches – even the men in the audience. It was a pleasure to work with you and look forward to doing so again.
Public Relations Institute of Australia, Victoria
Angela Pippos is not just hot but she’s also a bloody great MC, she researches, she adlibs and speaks clearly and usually has all the verbs and nouns in the right place – I think it must be her experience on the ABC. She is funny, has a great laugh and you’d use her every time if you could. She’s that good. Use her. I do.
As a prominent journalist, author and presenter well-known to the Melbourne audience, Angela was the perfect choice to take the role of MC at National Breast and Ovarian Cancer’s inaugural Pink Ribbon Lunch. Angela’s stewardship of the program, including keynote speakers Therese Rein and actor and author William McInnes, was conducted with warmth and professionalism.
Angela was the MC for the Australian Sports Commission media call to launch the All Cultures website. Angela was perfect for this role given her Greek heritage as well as her passion and knowledge of sport. Angela was very well presented and made sure the event was conducted according to plan. The ASC will certainly use Angela again to MC an event.
Australian Sports Commission
Angela Pippos has been in my sporting consciousness since the days when she eloquently presented the sports news on ABCTV. In the last three years or so I have come to know Angela more than as just a screen presence, Crows fanatic and acclaimed author. My encounters with her have shown a quick wit and ready ability to come to grips with the intricacies and intrigues of any number of sport or sport related situations, events and incidents. Angela has an easy and engaging ability to make friends and influence people and I have no doubt has secured her spot in the sports world well beyond just the footy.
Lawyer, 1984 Olympic Bronze medallist, former board member, Australian Sports Commission
Working with Angela was very enjoyable as she is extremely professional and easy to work with. She has a sharp, clever and witty sense of humour which endears her to audiences of all types. I have no hesitation in recommending Angela.
Angela Pippos served as Master of Ceremonies for an event conducted by the Cyprus Community of Melbourne and Victoria in honour of Winter Olympic Gold Medallist, Lydia Lassila. Angela showed herself to be the consummate professional prior, during and after the event. From detailed preparations to meet the expectations of the host, to well-honed public presentation skills to spontaneity in communicating with the wider audience, Angela exerted complete control from start to finish.
Cyprus Community of Melbourne and Victoria