Andre Agassi Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Andre Agassi
- Andre Agassi is a retired professional tennis player best known for his strong, smart playing style, which helped him win numerous championships throughout the 1990s.
- In 1992, won his first grand slam title at Wimbledon and took the top spot at the U.S. Open in 1994. He was victorious at the Australian Open in 1995, which helped him climb to the top of rankings that year.
- At the top of his game, Agassi won a gold medal at the 1996 Summer Olympics held in Atlanta, Georgia.
- A comeback in 1999, saw him win two Grand Slam titles, the French Open and the U.S. Open and the Australian Open in 2000, 2001 and 2003.
- A dedicated philanthropist, Agassi created the Andre Agassi Charitable Foundation in 1994, which provides at-risk children in southern Nevada with educational opportunities and recreational activities. The foundation raised the money needed to start the Andre Agassi College Preparatory School, which opened its doors in West Las Vegas in 2001.
- Was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame in 2011.