Dr Leslie Cannold
Leslie is a high profile ethicist, activist, author, media identity and 2011’s Humanist of the Year. She is an expert on ethical leadership.
- One of Australia’s most respected commentators, rights-activists and public speakers.
- Leslie won the Australian Humanist of the Year in 2011 and the EVA award for responsible media reporting.
- In 2012, The Power Index named Leslie as one of the Top 10 most powerful thinkers in Australia and in 2013 she was listed as one of Melbourne's most influential women.
- A regular media commentator for Channel 10's 7PM Project, ABC's Lateline, Q&A, 7.30 Report and Triple J as well as many other national commercial print and TV media.
- Leslie's skill as a speaker is to be able to take complex current affairs and public issues and explain, discuss and comment on them in a way her audiences are able to appreciate and digest.
- A naturally gifted speaker, Leslie's talks are always thought provoking, engaging, entertaining and memorable.
- Leslie has the ability to tailor any of her existing presentation topics or work with a client to develop a presentation specific to a brief.
- Leslie is also a great (and experienced) panel and workshop facilitator.
Dr Leslie Cannold was recently named Humanist of the Year and has twice been listed - most recently by the Power Index - as one of Australia's most influential thinkers. In 2013 she was named alongside Julia Gillard as among Melbourne's most influential women. Leslie serves on numerous health boards and ethics committees, is a founding faculty member at the School of Life and adjunct medical ethicist at Monash University's Gender, Leadership and Social Sustainability Unit.
She has a high media profile as her articles frequently appear in the Australian press, she works for several radio stations and she's become a sought-after guest on television shows including Q&A. Leslie's also a noted fiction and non-fiction writer and the lead vocalist in a Melbourne band.
Leslie is the perfect choice for audiences that want to be challenged and inspired by someone whose knowledge about leadership - and building and maintaining reputation - comes first hand.
- The Six Secrets of Inspirational Leadership
- Work/Life Balance & Diversity: Harnessing the Disruptive Power of the Millennials for Change
- Making a Difference – Ethical Leadership for Executives
- The Ethical Choices Everyone Must Make
- Evening the Odds: The Gender Agenda for the New Millenium
- Having It All Without Doing It All: Work/Life Balance for Women And Men
- Young People and Info & Communication Technologies - Are We Experts Or Are We Lost?
- Media Wrangling: Embracing the Loss of Command and Control
- After Gillard: Where To For Women in Leadership
Dr Leslie Cannold was a guest speaker this year at the Executive Link Leadership Program, her presentation was most interesting and challenging, really getting to the nub of the tough intractable dilemmas that we face in the health system. Her capacity to both engage and entertain was remarkable, we are planning on using her for other events, I have no hesitation in recommending her, especially to help leaders develop new thinking to solve ‘wicked’ problems.
Chris McLoughlin, Executive Director - People & Culture, Alfred Health
Congratulations on your role as guest speaker at my VC Awards for Excellence event. Your talk was thought-provoking and challenging, and your audience appreciated every minute.
Southern Cross University - Professor Peter Lee Vice Chancellor FTSE
Leslie Cannold was chosen as a keynote speaker for our celebrant conference because of her high media profile, her speaking skills and her proven academic attainment. Her chosen theme was most relevant to the conference program...She spoke clearly and effectively with exceptional body language, dealing with questions in a direct and personable way. The audience reaction was clear. 95% rated the speech excellent.
Monash University Civil Celebrants
Thank you so much for being a part of The Panel. We have been wanting to do this for a few years and it came together exactly as we hoped it would. Your input was excellent!
Carole Gregson - National Employment Services Association (NESA)
Leslie knows her topic thoroughly. She delivers an interesting and entertaining presentation, with excellent examples that people can relate to and understand. Her presentation style is engaging, intelligent, and she delivers with a sense of humour, optimism and positivity. She is an engaging, thought provoking and change-making speaker.
Kelly Court - Hume City Council
Glenn is the current Chairman of Coopers Brewing, Australia’s largest independent brewing company and named in 2011 as the world’s top family business in 2011. He was until June 2014 the Marketing Director of Coopers. He is also the current Chairman of Australian Made and Australian Grown.read more
As an Australian Rhodes Scholar, Eric studied environmental law and economics at Oxford and has since worked for the OECD and United Nations as well as the World Bank. He is the author of the book Reframe: How to Solve the World’s Trickiest Problems. It was listed as one of the top 5 recommended books by Booksellers and Publishers magazine.read more
Mark “Bomber” Thompson is an AFL Legend after having played in Three Premierships with Essendon , Coaching Two Premierships with Geelong, Captaining a Premiership side and being a member of Essendon Football Club’s Team of the Century. Thompson is a terrific presenter on “Building Winning Teams – and staying there” with his message being highly relevant to corporate Australia.read more