Winthrop Professor Fiona Wood FRACS AM Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Winthrop Professor Fiona Wood FRACS AM
- Professor Fiona Wood has been a burns surgeon and researcher for over 20 years and is Director of the Burns Service of Western Australia (BSWA).
- She is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Fiona Stanley Hospital (previously at Royal Perth Hospital) and Perth Children's Hospital, co-founder of the first skin cell laboratory in WA, Winthrop Professor in the School of Surgery at The University of Western Australia, and co-founder of the Fiona Wood Foundation (formerly The McComb Foundation).
- Professor Fiona Wood was named a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in 2003.
- In 2003 and 2004 she won the Western Australia Citizen of the Year award for her contribution to Medicine in the field of burns research.
- Professor Fiona Wood's contribution to burns care was recognised through Australia’s highest accolade when she was named Australian of the Year for 2005 by Australian Prime Minister John Howard at a ceremony in Canberra to mark Australia Day.
- She was voted Australia’s Most Trusted Person for six successive years (2005-2010) in a Reader's Digest poll and has been recognised as an ‘Australian Living Treasure’.
- In 2005 Professor Fiona Wood and Marie Stoner won the Clunies Ross Award (Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering) for their contribution to medical science in Australia.
Topics for Winthrop Professor Fiona Wood FRACS AM
- Change management
- Women and leadership
- Health, medical, surgery, research
- Data and digital innovation
Testimonials for Winthrop Professor Fiona Wood FRACS AM
Best ever. Thank you Fiona
Royal Life Saving - on behalf of Leisure Institute of WA
Professor Fiona Wood was very professional in all her interactions with our company. She delivered an exceptional key note address, with a tone and content that was perfectly aligned to our meeting. Feedback from our attendees has been excellent, many commenting on the impact of her story and the inspiration she left us with.