- Peter Wilkinson's career highlights include launching the Officeworks brand for Coles Myer, introducing integrated store and merchandise systems in to Myer and David Jones, and conceiving then launching the FlyBuys loyalty program with Shell and the National Australia Bank.
- Managing Director of Target before becoming Managing Director of Myer Stores.
- In 1988, was appointed to the Board of Coles Myer Limited and made Chief Operating Officer of the corporation in 1991.
- With Coles Myer, was responsible for annual retail sales of $17 billion through eleven retail brands.
- In 1997, became Managing Director and CEO of David Jones.
- Chairman of Forever New Clothing, the Retail Leaders’ Forum and Dig Dig Digital Pty Ltd.
- Supply chain management
- Retail strategy
- Business planning
- People development
- Property management
Received great feedback from our franchisees – relating his BIG retail experience to the core strategies that our small family retailers experience. Was punctual to the event and understanding of our business.
Peter is both a passionate and engaging speaker. His easy going presentation style and his capacity to present a well-structured, customised presentation is underpinned by exceptional industry knowledge and experience. The anecdotes that he willingly shares with the audience and his genuine friendly manner makes the audience wanting more. Peter is very generous with his time happily answering question from the audience. It has been a pleasure to have been in the audience on a number of occasions and hear him speak.
Director Business Development
Peter Wilkinson has been the host and MC of one of our major national events. Not only is he a highly respected, authoritative voice in the retail industry, but a warm and charming host who would suit any business-focussed event.
Peter Wilkinson was a guest speaker for Noel Leeming (the largest consumer electronics retailer in New Zealand) at out National Conference in November 2012. We could not have asked for a better speaker , Peter was able to relate to the business in simple terms and both be challenging and inspiring at the same time. Peter's way in public speaking resonated with the business and is still referred to today. I would highly recommend Peter as a speaker in any subject relating to retail - I have not come across too many people that can speak with the depth of knowledge and passion that Peter does.
Chief Executive Officer
Noel Leeming Group Limited (NZ)