- After graduating with degrees in medicine and medical science (exercise physiology), Peter undertook post graduate studies in sports and exercise medicine in Canada, USA, England and East Africa before returning to Australia to continue his private practice.
- Dr Peter Larkins established one of the first solo private sports physician practices in Australia in 1979. His practice deals with all areas of health, fitness and exercise including sports injuries and health promotion and he has a wide range of experience in clinical, administrative and team based care of the active individual regardless of age.
- He has served as team doctor with a wide range of sports including the Australian track and field, cricket, triathlon and lacrosse teams at World Cup, World Championship and Commonwealth Games events. He has been a team doctor for both Geelong and Adelaide in the AFL and was a senior Team Leader for the provision of medical services at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games.
- Peter is a regularly invited speaker and author on topics related to health and fitness addressing all aspects of healthy living and the role of physical activity in the promotion of health and well being, together with the enhancement of productivity in the work place.
- Health and fitness
- Healthy living and the role of physical activity in the promotion of health and well being
- The enhancement of productivity in the work place.
“Peter from the start was very amiable and adapted to the earlier start time and humble dais.
His presentation was excellent in every way, did his homework, very informative, answered all questions, and stayed around for the late meal and interacted with our members.
He was refreshing, interesting, obliging and entertaining. Highly recommend”.
Municpal Works Officers Association