Dr Munjed Al Muderis Book as a speaker/entertainer for your next event
Key Points for Dr Munjed Al Muderis
- Munjed Al Muderis, an Australian trained Orthopaedic Surgeon and a Squadron Leader in the Australian Air Force Reserve.
- He fled Iraq as a young Doctor after refusing the orders of Saddam Hussein to mutilate army deserters’ ears.
- He is a leading surgeon in the revolutionary technology known as Osseointegration and has helped hundreds of amputees world-wide to improve mobility, reduce pain and overall enhance their quality of life.
- He holds several academic titles and teaches at Notre Dame and Macquarie Universities, trains local and international surgeons, registrars and medical students.
- He is a Patron of the Asylum Seekers Centre, Sanctuary Australia Foundation, New South Wales Amputee Association, Patron of the Australian Red Cross, Amnesty International Australia, Multicultural Disability Advocacy Association and is affiliated with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Topics for Dr Munjed Al Muderis
- My story
- Overview of Munjed’s journey as a Refugee to Australia
- The challenges he faced on this journey – being resilient/glass half full
- Three key things he wants to achieve in life
- History of Osseointgration
- What it means for Amputees
- Where the future is headed
- Animal kingdom
- The journey of Junior medical staff to medical specialists
- Wheel of fortune
- Overview of Munjed’s story and current life
- Link the “Wheel of fortune” of being on top of the wheel and bottom and how things can change so quickly but how we cope