- A combative and wholehearted cricketer, Michael Slater (affectionately known as "Slats") played many vital innings for New South Wales and as an Australian opener with his adventurous brand of strokeplay.
- In 2006, Michael appeared on Channel 9's "Dancing on Ice", where he was very successful making it into the last 4 couples.
- In 2007 Michael is currently a reporter on the very successful Channel 9 show "What's Good For You".
- Insight into the sports industry
- Knowledge of media
- Success and challenges in sport
This was the seventh North Shore Heart Research function and Michael from the outset was the total professional. From the minute he walked in he was very giving of his time and extremely receptive to the many requests made of him throughout the afternoon. As a keynote speaker he worked very well with the master of ceremonies (Ray Seager) and had the audience captivated for the duration of his presentation. Granted that the audience was mainly corporate and had a vested interest in what Michael had to say but he was able to adapt his anechdotes to the guests very well. An extremely humble, considerate professional. Myself and all the team would like to thank Michael for adding a special touch of magic to the day”