- Current Director of Grantmaking and Evaluation at Australian Philanthropic Services
- She is also a Director of the Royal Agricultural Society Foundation of NSW, which provides grants and scholarships to help rural Australians realise their potential through education
- Grantmaking for good: how to give money away for greatest social impact
- The accidental writer: how to write your story and get it published.
- The power of persistence: how cycling around Australia helped Australia-Indonesia relations.
- Love in the Age of Drought; a career girl, a cotton farmer and an unlikely romance – tips and tricks for memoir-writers.
- The Mothers’ Group: treating taboos in fiction.
- Wife on the Run: parenting in the age of social media and living with the digital divide.
"Fiona Higgins’ presentation at the Isolated Children’s Parents’ Association (ICPA) annual Queensland State conference was uplifting, entertaining and inspiring. Winning the audience over from the start, Fiona had delegates hanging on every word. She is not only a natural writer, but a natural, compelling speaker. With a catching mix of confidence, eloquence, grace and humour she shared her amazing journey in life and work so far. Speaking to hundreds from rural and remote areas, she inspired almost everyone to put pen to paper to record their own remarkable stories. The feedback was incredibly positive. Congratulations and thank you sincerely Fiona."
Paula Heelan, ICPA publicity
"Whenever I have heard her speak, she has shown composure, confidence and a fine use of language. She combines these skills with warmth and humour, engaging her audience and delivering a succinct and well-constructed message."
John B. Fairfax, AO, Chairman, Fairfax Media
"In my capacity as a Director of the Rotary Club of Townsville, including “speaker-seeker” sourcing literally hundreds of guest speakers for meetings and special events over many years, only a handful of guest speakers truly stand out as engaging, educative, entertaining and inspirational all at the same time. Fiona was one of that handful. I can attest to Fiona’s well-developed ability to listen to clients during briefings, digest the essence of their goals or objectives, then target her message to the needs, wants and interests of different audiences and most importantly, deliver what her client wants, par excellence. Fiona exhibits a great capacity to connect with people of different ages and from a wide variety of backgrounds, including corporate audiences, to enterain in a delightful natural way while staying ‘on topic’ with meaningful, informative, even educational messages, to ‘make people stop and think’ and even to inspire others to take action or make life-changing decisions. I commend her to you highly.’
Tony Towler, Managing Director Results Leadership
"Fiona is a warm and insightful speaker who is always well prepared. She thoroughly researches her topic and her audience and ensures that her presentation is detailed, enlightening and provides a balance between facts and examples that illuminate the information she is presenting. Fiona sequences her ideas well so that the listener gains an easy to follow narrative. In questions and discussion Fiona proves herself a thoughtful listener whose responses are reflective and give the sort of information that invites even more interested questions. Fiona is extremely professional in her approach to everything she does and this is evident in her public speaking."
Jane Kenny, Executive Officer, Sydney Community Foundation